01 July 2009

Summer...

Oh, Summer.
I have been feeling isolated recently.
Day after day of working long, back-breaking shifts at the nursing home.
Looking out over the vast expanse of the corn and bean fields and wondering things that are way too heavy to even contemplate without God right beside me.
I am so thankful He is.
At my very lowest point, He reminds me why I am here this summer.
To take a few minutes to read the Bible to a little lady that is losing her eye sight.
To teach a 100 year old and a 101 year old how to sing and do the motions to YMCA.
To grow and harvest a monster garden with my entire family.
To bring joy to those who need it.

To drive the dirt roads at sunset with my windows down and the country music blaring. ;-)

I feel like my life is entering a topsy-turvy season of unknown entities.
It's ok. I know that it is supposed to be this way.
When I am scared, I am glad he listens.

My friends are so beautiful and incredibly different.
God brings them in to encourage me at the very moment I need it.
They lift my spirits through the phone lines and over the internet.
They are being used by God in so many ways across the world.
I worry about them often, yet he holds them in His hands.

How blessed I am.

For Your glory, oh Lord.

No comments: