21 October 2009

The Week in Quotes and Verses

" I am still confident of this; I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." ~ Psalm 27:13-14

"The voice of the Lord shakes the desert...the Lord blesses his people with peace."
~Psalm 28:8&11

"The Lord will guide you always, he will satisfy you needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame." ~ Isaiah 58:11

"Faith is the belief that God is real and that God is good...It is a choice to believe that the one who made it all hasn't left it all and that he still sends light into the shadows and responds to gestures of faith...Faith is the belief that God will do what is right" ~ Max Lucado

"You must talk less and kneel more and you will see the Kingdom of God come with force." ~Sunday Sermon

"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love...May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us- yes, establish the work of our hands"
~Psalm 90:14 & 17

"Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need to do is love without getting tired." ~ Mother Teresa

"In some people religion exists as a dull habit, in others as an acute fever." - William James

" The reality of life for Christian men and women requires that they leave what is nailed down, obvious, and secure, and walk into the desert without rational explanation" ~ Brennan Manning

"Whenever I come up with my God, He always fits my box. He makes wonderful sense. He always puts me in the same mood. I think that we are at a day when we need to worship God as He is and not who we imagine Him to be. We can't worship until God speaks, we don't worship until God reveals Himself...and then out of response we worship Him. We build an altar. At the altar, we ratify what God says to us...God calls and we build an altar to say. "I don't know where I am going, but I am not going back! You have spoken to me and I am in! You are my God"
~Pastor Steve DeNeff

No comments: