I miss the simplicity that comes at the end of a long day in the African sun, when the lightest cover of my mosquito net beckoned me to curl up with my journal and Bible.
The light of my little pink Maglite just enough to scrawl some words on a page and take a few to heart.
Even in the middle of a room full of nine other girls, that little bed was a refuge.
Now, I have an entire apartment to call my own and hours of silence.
Yet, even in the stillness of this place, my mind goes back to the moments spent in that little rectangular sanctuary.
My heart will sing
No other name
Jesus
I want this to be true of me today. In the midst of distractions.
May it not be a place, but a lifestyle.
A life that sings no other name...
Jesus.
A Zambian Church in the Mountains.

No comments:
Post a Comment