It was just one of those beautiful days.
And I am so very grateful.
Last night was spent running in circles trying to keep my head above water.
One crisis situation after another occurred.
It was all I could do to keep from laying down on the floor and giving up.
I punched out late in a very hypoglycemia-induced bad mood.
A wild storm blew in on my way home.
My tired eyes strained to see through the torential rain.
But it was beautiful.
I stepped out of my car and let the rain soak me.
It felt as if I was washing off the night.
I remember sitting down on the couch.
The next thing I knew, my phone was ringing and it was 2pm.
Asleep in my scrubs on the couch.
Going back to sleep was futile.
So I ventured into the "why did I bother to shower" humidity of the South in the summer.
I met my dear friend downtown for an Art Festival and soaked in all of the creative beauty.
It is the little things that inspire me and make me happy, like art and strawberry italian ice.
Church at 6pm was a wonderful, air-conditioned refuge.
There is just something so beautiful about worshipping with people who love Jesus as I do.
A quick trip to Whole Foods after church rounded out my night.
A cart full of fresh produce is a beautiful thing.
Fresh Georgia Peaches.
Delicious.
And now it is time to curl up under my old frayed quilt and fall into a happy summertime, wind-chime, painted sunset, flip-flop wearing, sunshine and rainstorms, praise and worship, Georgia peach sleep.
Although I couldn't be with my earthly Dad today, my Daddy in Heaven and I had a pretty awesome day together. God gives good gifts to His children. He loves me. I just know it. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment