09 November 2009

Children's Nest

Some of my favorite children in Zambia live across town at tthe Children's Nest. Most of them have lost both parents, but some simply come from families that are unable to provide for them. Several are HIV+. They are beautiful and show me God's heart each day that I spend with them.
Joyce, Abigail, and Rabbecca. This little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed home, this little piggy ate chicken, this little piggy ate Nshima, and this little piggy went weeeee weeee weeeee all the way home. :-)
This is Malvin. He is the sweetest little boy with an adorable smile. When I compliment him, he wrinkles up his nose and shows all his teeth in a silly grin. I brought each of the kids one of these little animals and he just loves that monkey.

Happiness and Joyce decided that my hair-do needed a little TLC. You should have seen the final product...it was pretty fantastic if I do say so myself. :-)

Rabecca. She is a little monkey with quite a personality. She needs someone to love her. She is always in my lap. When another child is there she still tries to steal the show.

This is Anton. He is one year old and has eyes that light up my life. He is just learning how to walk and loves to fall asleep and wake up repeatedly while I am holding him. I am so tempted to carry him home with me.

Life is flying by quickly here. Soon I will be back in the states and missing this place. God is good and faithful.
"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart..." Isaiah 40:11

No comments: